Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Diana The Huntress!

It's not often the I see something from a real comic book that makes me say "I can draw better than that", but Diana The Huntress from "Yellowjacket Comics # 9" is, in my opinion, a poorly drawn feature. The artist in question on Diana is Burton Geller.

I have seen some of Geller's other comic book work. His artistic style works well for humor strips and I have nothing bad to say about any of that. Geller also drew the Bee Stings feature from "YJ # 9", which I'm also posting today. It's not bad for what it is and I wouldn't knock the artwork on Bee Stings because I have different expectations when it comes to humor features. As long as I can tell what's going-on, the artistic style is virtually unimportant to me as long as the humor of the strip comes across clearly. On the other hand, when it comes to superheroes or action & adventure, the artwork becomes more important to me. If I don't like what I'm seeing, then I have no interest in reading it. Sorry, but that's just the way it is with me. But hey, maybe you aren't like me and you read comics regardless of the level of artwork. Maybe you feel the story is more important than the art, and if that's the case, maybe you'll enjoy this story more than I did. Remember: "My Opinion Doesn't Matter", or at least it shouldn't when it comes to comic stories YOU like.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Comic Blog Elite